American Institute of Indian Studies (Junior Fellowships (disseration research), Senior Fellowships (scholars with PhDs), and Creative and Performing Arts Fellowships)
Asian Women in Business Scholarship Fund will award $2,500 scholarships to female Asian students who demonstrate a commitment to scholarship, leadership, community service and/or entrepreneurship. Applicants must be full-time undergraduates and US citizens or permanent residents who can trace their ancestry to the countries of South Asia, East Asia, or the Pacific Islands.
Council of American Overseas Research Centers (CAORC) Multi-Country Fellowship Program (advanced regional or trans-regional research in the humanities, social sciences, or allied natural sciences, U.S. doctoral candidates and post-doc scholars)
Critical Language Scholarship Program (sponsored by the US State Department, includes programs for the study of Bangla, Hindi, Persian, Punjabi, Urdu for undergraduate and graduate students)
David L. Boren Fellowships, sponsored by National Security Education Program (NSEP) of the US Department of Defense (US citizens or permanent residents, undergraduate and graduate students)
Fulbright Programs, Institute for International Education (for US and International, undergraduate and graduate students)
Social Science Research Council (doctoral students and post-docs)
South Asia Journalists Association (Fellowships, Internships, Scholarships for High School, Undergraduate and Graduate Students)
Please note: There are currently no affiliations, internships, jobs, fellowships, reseach assistantships, or teaching positions available at the South Asia Institute. If any such positions are created in the future, they will be advertised through our listserv or the Columbia website and Employment webpages. The Institute is unable to respond to unsolicited requests for employment or affiliation.
Columbia Libraries South & Southeast Asia Collection
South and Southeast Asia Librarian
Columbia Libraries Home Page
"Caste, Ambedkar and Contemporary India"
A virtual exhibit with resources for the study of caste
- Ahimsa (Jain Students Organization)
- Baraza, a forum organized by MESAAS students at Columbia
- Bhakti Club
- Club Bangla
- Club Zamana
- [email protected]
- Columbia First-Generation Low-Income Partnership (FLIP)
- Hindu Students Organization
- Raaga (South Asia Fusion Music organization)
- Sewa (Student organization based on Sikh values of peace, equality, social justice and sewa (selfless service).
- South Asia Association (SAA, School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA) student organization)
- South Asian Business Association (SABA, Graduate Business School - contacts not available)
- South Asia Graduate Student Forum
- South Asian Law Student Association (SALSA, Law School)
- SPICMACAY (Society for the Promotion of Indian Classical Music and Culture Amongst Youth), Columbia Chapter (Facebook page)